If you haven't heard about The Walk or haven't read it; I highly recommend it. Anyways so it was a miracle that I just so happened to be on Facebook yesterday the exact moment he posted that he landed in Boise. I t was then that I realized he had come to do a book signing for his new book The Road to Grace Which is the third book in The Walk Series.
I then discovered then discovered that in fact he did come to do a book signing and that he was going to hold it the next day (which was obviously today). I told my mom the wonderful news and that we had to go to the signing! She agreed to take me.
So this evening around 6:00 we left for Barnes & Noble. We got there around 6:15 to 6:20. Since we got their early, after I purchased the book they gave me a yellow ticket indicating that I could go and find one of the reserved seats they had for people with tickets since he was going to speak as well.
After I purchased my gook and found a seat in the front row! I began to read! I read right up until about five minutes before he go there. When he arrived at 7:00, he spoke for an hour about his experience writing these books and the joy they bring him. He took questions as well toward the end before he started signing.
When he did start signing, I was one of the first people in line. I was so excited, I didn't know what to do with myself! mainly just thinking about what I would say to him. When it was my turn mommy took a picture of me and him.
While he was signing my book I told him how much I loved his books. that meeting him was quite literally a dream come true! He told me that that was probably one of the nicest things anyone's ever told him. I also told him that when I read his books I read with sticky notes next to me because I mark my favorite parts of the books that where there are either interesting conversations or great words of wisdom.
He told me that he appreciated that and that he'd like to see that sometime. I told him that next time he came I'd bring my books and show him. Then for a moment before he finished with my book it almost looked like he quickly wiped a tear or something from the corner of his eye.
He then gave me my book back and I thought; wow that must have really touched him or something that he'd wipe a tear. We then left, it was so exciting and all the way home I felt like I was on cloud 9 and I couldn't stop smiling :) anyways, in short happy happy day! nuf said.
:D

No comments:
Post a Comment