Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 8, 2013

2013 Conference!

Okay so I must say that this last weekend was the funnest I've had in a little while. I had the opportunity to attend conference in Salt Lake! Jenny, Amy, Tessa and, I all went down together. We had tons of fun!

Day 1 ( Friday): After months of planning, we are super excited and totally ready to begin our journey to the great Salt Lake!


 Standing in front of the car ready to begin our journey! :D  
Tessa, Jenny, Amy, and me 



 We are off on our epic adventure!
 We drive....

and drive...

                                              Tessa draws something to keep busy. What does she draw??


  ??


  Oh my gosh!! it's a cute little alien!!


We continue to drive....

About the time we reach Salt Lake, we decide to let everyone what we're all about. Conference baby. thats right!
 When we reached Salt Lake, it was amazing how many teenagers and young adults we saw driving around arriving for conference! 

  We finally arrive at my aunts house where we stay, we were tired but happy to be "home".
 Once we get settled in we are up until close to 2:00 in the morning!



Day 2 (Saturday):

The day we attend conference! On Saturday we all woke up pretty tired due to the fact that we all stayed up too late :) however we still made it up for the first session of conference. Since we had a late start to the morning, we went strait downstairs to watch conference and had apple crisp for breakfast.


I can't quite remember, but I think I was able to stay awake for most of the first session. About 15 minutes before the first session ended we all decided to go and get ready to attend the second session which we got tickets for.    
  Once we are ready it is time to make our way down to temple square. We leave early so that we can be sure to make it in time.   And guess what??
We've made it to Temple Square safe and sound! with a little help from GPS

Jenny and I on temple square. We are waiting in line at the conference center to get inside to make it to our seats in time. 

We made it inside! and Tessa is very excited because this is her first time ever to Salt Lake!











 The Conference Center is just so beautiful!

 So once we got into the conference center, we found our seats, which ended up being on the ground floor. We were on the far left side of the conference center in the second to last row. Good seats right?? not really. Where we were seated, we were at kind of a funny angle to view one of the big screens that was almost directly above us.

So our choices of where we could look and watch comfortably were kind of limited.
Option 1: We could strain our necks and watch on the screen above us.
Option 2: We could watch on the screen on the opposite side of the room.
Option 3: watch on the small T.V. a ways in front of us and
Option 4: Just watch them at the podium.

Well for a while I was able to twist my neck and watch on the screen above us, but then I also had a headache, so after a little bit I gave up and watched them at the podium. After that I got tired of straining my eyes, then I just fell asleep.

I wasn't the only one who fell asleep either, our entire row ended up falling asleep! It was kind of funny! :)




Anyways after conference... We went to City Creek for some food




 
And some hard core shopping...on a poor college students budget that is.
 First Stop: Macy's, where I bought a really comfy pair of sweats. Next stop: Love Culture where I got a nice pair of sunglasses for only $ 5.00 !! after that we went to H & M, Deseret Book, and then finally Forever 21 where I got some cute, cheap make-up. After forever 21 we finally made our way home; tired and spent but happy with the days events!

Day 3 ( Sunday): Last day :( Not much to say here really. Like Friday night, we went to bed late again on Saturday night. So again hard time waking up. I accidentally fell asleep during President Monson's talk.  After the first session of conference was over, we went upstairs to make ourselves some lunch before we left. 
After we had eaten lunch we took pictures with Tia Cars family and said good bye... :(  





  On our way, our journey-our great adventure is almost over. We leave around 1ish. Once we are out of the city we hit a big rainstorm. But we make it home! safe and sound and tired!
 
 It was definitely a great adventure and we can't wait for the next one!!

:D






















No comments:

Post a Comment