Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SnOw!

Yay! finally snow! I think that this is the latest time in the winter season that I can remember that we have gotten snow. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to go outside and play in the snow because I was working and doing homework all day. I remember when I was little and we go the first snow fall of the year, my dad would always shovel the drive way and the sidewalk and make a pile of snow and turn it into a slide if he could. When we were little and went to Salt Lake my uncle would always shovel my grandparents driveway and side walk and make a pile in the back yard and turn it into a long decent slide that we would slide down. Oh those were the days!
Anyways funny story:
background: I go and volunteer at trail Wind every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and help out Kris Ball in her first grade class.
Anyways funny story: So today I got to sit with their kids in one of their groups and read a book with them. So I would give them their books that they had to read for homework. While they read their books they would have to look for and highlight words that began with spl,spr,scr, and str I think. Anyways since the kids couldn't remember all that I decided to write them down on the white board next to me. Then oh my gosh the kids told me they couldn't understand my handwriting that it wasn't neat. So little Alice decided to rewrite the word on the board herself. It totally made me laugh! while I was thinking "it's not like your hand writing is any better honey." Anyways that's what made me laugh today.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment